Friday, January 23, 2009

I don't have long but...

A few things I wanted to get off of my chest...My last blog when I mentioned my neighbor's dog I said a form of "dear" like a billion times. Greta was a very sweet dog and very loved by her family, friends, and neighbors. However, it is possible that my comp professor from last year will read this blog, and I don't want her to think that I've somehow regressed into a world of redundant writing. I like to think that I have not, but since I am not given a grade which will add or detract from my college GPA, I am a bit less intense about checking for errors than I was with any papers for class.

I've also started a new semester at school. I've mentioned before what I'm taking, but I don't feel like looking through my blog archives to find the exact entry to hyperlink, so the classes I have this semster are Developmental Psych, Anatomy and Physiology I, Macroeconomics, and American History I. My first week went great. I enjoy the topics in the classes and enjoy most of my professors. I have two classmates from last semester in three of my classes this semester, which is always nice. The class that I know no one is Macroeconomics. I think it will be a fun class. The teacher is a trip and talks like a radio announcer or the guy who announces the rules at the Omnimax. Plus he's really interactive and runs a tight ship. I like those kinds of professors. I already have a ton of reading, but have enjoyed getting back into the learning environment. Throughout the week this week I just kept thinking how I really love community college.

I'm eager to move on to the next portion of my nursing education, but in the meantime I'm really enjoying school. The campus is great. I like how it's laid out. The Campus Life group holds a lot of functions. This week I attended my first and it was an inaugural party for Obama. They had two big screens which played CNNs coverage of the event. Luckily, I had a break in between classes and was able to watch a majority of the actual inauguration. After the ceremony there were beverages, sandwiches, chicken, and taquitos. It was nice. I would get more into that but have lost my blogging momentum...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greta WAS a dear dog, and we miss her dearly, dear. Don't worry about the dear professor and the "dear" redundancies. The dear thing probably get's his/her undies in a twist when reading or listening to all the misuses of grammar and poorly worded phrases that occur all around us daily. I know that I have a problem with bad grammar but hope I don't judge the person for it. The important thing is that you recognized it and you try. Oh dear, I'm rambling.