Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What exactly have we been doing...

I was asked by my dad what the boys and I had been doing the last two weeks and I went completely blank. Now this is pretty common. There are more than some days that I can't remember what we've done all day. I think my forgetfulness has to do with dehydration. I think most times every physical issue can be traced to dehydration or lack of nutrients in one's diet. Because really I could go on and on about what I know about signs of vitamin and mineral deficiencies and the foods to eat to counteract these deficiencies. However, for the sake of anyone reading this, I digress.

Since the 19th of June when we had a sick Monkey, then Yellow Belt caught it, then Dirty and I, being the hypochondriacs that we are, thought we had it as well. The next two weeks I walked us to a lot of places. I've been trying to walk in order to burn off more calories than I take in and to conserve gas. We walk to the wading pool in Tower Grove park. We walk to our friends, the R.'s, across Tower Grove park. We walk to the library at Kingshighway and Vandeventer. We walk to the South Grand shopping district. Then there were places we went but didn't walk. We went to my book club where I didn't really get to talk much about the book, but it was a morning out of the house and the boys had fun. We went to the zoo. We've also had playdates with friends here and at their houses.

I also had the Installation Dinner for MOMS Club. One of our members who lives in Clayton offered up her back yard for us to infiltrate for the evening. She had actually been dealing with a bout of salmonella leading up to the dinner. It was a nice evening and my friend, KL, made a rockin' mojito. It was even better than mine. She didn't have a recipe for it though because she improvised off her original recipe. It was really yummy. For MOMS Club I also finished up my term as Treasurer on the the board. I completed the Financial Report that is required by each chapter at end of year. I'm kind of glad that I won't have as many responsibilities but a little sad that now I'll just have the regular activities to attend. I'm hoping I won't notice as much when I start school and am busier.

The fourth of July we went to the Missouri Botanical Gardens which had free admission to the gardens and the Children's Garden. They have the Niki sculpture exhibit which I would like to check out sometime without the boys. I think that if I had more free time I would probably go there on the free mornings for city dwellers and just walk around the different gardens. By the time we walked from our house to the gardens the boys were done walking and didn't want to do anything but go straight to the Children's Garden. We pushed them further than we probably should have which made everyone very crabby. By the time we got home Dirty and I had decided not to do anything else that day. But he called his parent's house and confirmed our plans with them to have dinner at their house. We went and the boys played with his step-mom's niece which I guess is now Dirty's cousin. And of course Grandpa C. bought fireworks and sparklers for the kids. I nearly had a heart attack from the unsafeness of Monkey with fire which was apparently very obvious to all the adults present because after many gasps and cries of "Oh my goodness!" I was asked a few times if I was sure I didn't want a glass of wine. We made it through that and walked home. We saw a few fireworks go off over what seemed like old McRee town which was exciting enough for the boys.

And that pretty much sums up what we've done the last couple of weeks. This week we've already run errands, went to a Monthly Social, had a playdate here, had a playdate at a friends. And later in the week we'll be going camping and on a float trip. I'm thinking of putting a stipulation on marriage that I will only go camping if it's in Hawaii. :D Dirty says that for our 20th anniversary I am obliged to go on a camping trip where we follow the same path that Frodo followed from the Shire to Mordor. I told him he can go alone. I'll be in Hawaii on the North Shore of Oahu. You may have also guessed that I've been spending a lot of time daydreaming about a vacation to Hawaii. If you guessed that you would be correct.

4 comments:

TMA said...

I noticed the same thing about book club! I tried! :) More power to you witht he camping. Thankfully my hubby doesn't like it either!

HalfPint said...

Shoot - I was hoping that since you weren't blogging you were in Hawaii, or someplace cool. Did you get my email about our visit?

Me said...

@tma...When book club is that big it's really hard to get a word in edge-wise.

@half-pint...I could only wish that I were in Hawaii. I did get your message about your visit. I'm going to go reply now.

Morgan said...

Wow! Good for you, walking to everything even in our Midwest heat and humidity. Kudos.