Thursday, November 20, 2008

"feeling good pants" and other random thoughts...

After a few weeks of eating whatever I've felt like, and feeling worse and worse, I have started an eating right plan. I am going to try and limit (drastically) the processed foods. My rule is "If it's processed drink a big cup of water first." The next rule is "Whenever I get that hungry feeling, drink a big cup of water." The last time I did this I lost eight pounds, and that was without exercising.

I also started with the first day of working out. I did 40 minutes of strength training, which should have been only that, but since I'm so out of shape it was also cardio. I measured all my problem areas, and I need to lose 6" off of my thighs to fit into my "feeling good pants". I'm going to try and work out daily like I was before I started school. I think that with that, and the limiting my calories, I should be able to get back to my pre-Monkey weight. Since I weigh as much now as I did when I was completely pregnant, and ready to give birth to him, losing the amount I want to shouldn't be a problem.

I've tried to post on here a couple of times since election and either had technical issues or felt that my work was uninspired there hasn't been anything. For instance, I wanted to post a video of Monkey dancing to RHCP "Especially in Michigan". I don't know what the problem is with the blogspot video player/downloader. I'm losing my focus and my eyes are tired.

I'll end with this story. I bought the generic proactiv at Target and started using it. It cleared up my forehead, and is starting to work on my chin. The blackheads are also gone from my nose. I guess because I was wearing the lotion at night that it spread to my eyes (where it's not supposed to go) and it totally dried the skin out. It's really awful and looks similar to how a rash looks at the end of running it's course. So after a couple days and the dried skin spots spreading to cover my entire eye area I decided not to use the lotion at night. I've had to moisturize like crazy trying to counteract the extremely drying effect that the lotion causes. I was hoping to go get my hair cut this weekend (another thing long overdue...it's been a year and a couple months), but the place I was going to go is a little hoity toity. I don't know if I want to show up in a hip salon with my eye area looking all crazy. So I think I'll postpone until...next week? We'll see.

No comments: