Monday, March 9, 2009

I can't fall asleep....

I don't know if it was the Diet Dr. Pepper after 7 p.m., the ice cream at 9 p.m., the uneasy processing about my day, or my anxiety about the upcoming week, but I cannot sleep. I was hoping that if I got into bed and relaxed with a little music that I would get the urge, but it's now 12:15 a.m. in the newly daylight savings time and I am no closer to sleep. This week Dirty and I are watching my in-laws three dogs and their lovebird. I'm torn between the comfort of home, which is a sense of normalcy for me and the boys, namely a fairly set schedule, and how much time I can spend at my in-laws to give their animals a sense of normalcy, namely people in the house. Although, my two kids, and heck even the husband and I, are probably more stressful for them that just being alone. Part of my reason for not falling asleep is figuring out my school schedule, the family schedule, and adding in the extra four animals schedule. I know I can work it out. I will work it out.

My next big worry is my Anatomy class, which is slightly weird considering I also have a History test this Thursday. But I am more worried and especially anxious about the two Anatomy exams I have after getting back to school after spring break. The two exams are on muscles. (sidenote: Yay, a yawn.) There are A LOT of freakin' muscles in the human body. I don't have to know all of them, but of the 40+ muscles I do need to know I also need to know their origins, insertions, actions, and innervations. I'm already behind in the schedule that I made up for myself for the next couple of weeks. This week, I'm going to put some time into learning those four things about the muscles I need to know, but I'm going to put more time into learning where exactly they are on the body. I have to do that because the campus is closed the week of spring break, which means I'll have no access to the charts or models on campus.

I've also been feeling especially out of shape lately. I told myself that when I got the right equipment (a sports bra) that I would start jogging. Even with my crazy upcoming week, I'm going to try and jog for at least 20 minutes 7 days a week. My other problem is that I have clicking in my wrist, knee, and sometimes ankle. Now my anatomy professor said that once it starts it won't get better, but right now I'm carrying more weight than almost ever, I haven't worked out regularly since I started school, and my diet is that of a couch potato. I've been really stressed by school, family, life...

Some good things:
I thought I might be sick of John Frusciante's The Empyrean before I listened to it, but I wasn't. It is really a spectacular album. I hope I never get sick of it.

The workmen, R. and J., finished all the work on the plaster and the hole in the hall ceiling that they were hired to do. It was nice to no longer have strange people in our house...no matter how nice they were. (and they were really, really nice people) They did a great job, and I can't wait to paint everything.

We have painted the boys room. The Scientist picked the color (although we actually bought the shade lighter than what he picked, please don't tell him...ever). It is called moss green. It looks great in their room. We still have to re-white the trim and parts of the ceiling, but we are going to do that a little later because painting a room is a lot of work. We also purchased a curtain rod and four navy curtain panels to place between the living room and their room (Monkey picked out the blue). I also bought a new lamp for their room. So we can get rid of the lamp that was a hand-me-down and had a patched wire (kind of scary). Our final purchase for their room will be shelves for the wall and that will likely happen next weekend. (that's my hope anyway)

We had a really nice playdate Friday night with The Scientist's three best friends, J., I. and M., for M.'s birthday. He chose to go swimming at The Heights, which works out great for us since we're members, and dinner at CiCi's Pizza. All the parents were there, and we both really feel blessed that The Scientist has such a great group of friends. They play really well together and go out of their way to make sure that everyone can be included. On another day, they wanted to go down the big slide, The Scientist was the only one not tall enough, so in the spirit of fairness they decided that no one should go. All of the kids, except for I. are also in the gifted pull-out at school which, after a couple weeks of The Scientist not wanting to go to school on Fridays because of it, he is enjoying it again.

I suppose that's all for now...even though I'm not really any more tired than before. I probably shouldn't have taken Macroeconomics on a Monday, because I seem to get like this every Sunday. Then I'm in a class on Monday that is very interactive and the teacher makes us answer questions and write on the board and I'm out of it. Nice.

No comments: