Friday, May 22, 2009

Requested Mojitos Recipe...

This mojito recipe is from Michael Chiarello, who I had a major crush on in my early stay-at-home-mom-days. I like the recipe because it makes a whole pitcher, and it's a cocktail that doesn't have a ton of different liquors that you have to buy. Enjoy this responsibly. It's pretty potent.

Mojitos

One bunch of mint, cleaned and stemmed
One cup sugar
Four lemons, juiced
Four limes, juiced
750 mL light rum (I use Bacardi)
One liter club soda (I like Schweppes)

In a pitcher, muddle the mint and sugar. Add the lemon and lime juice and dissolve the sugar. Then add the rum and the club soda.

Super-easy! Super-yummy! Well actually for me, with my weak hands, juicing eight pieces of citrus fruit is a bit of a chore, but worth it for the ease of the rest of the recipe. Happy Cocktail Hour Everyone!

(I just want to note, that even though I'm posting this at 8:15 a.m. I am not having a cocktail hour at the moment. So the "Happy Cocktail Hour" statement is for the future. :D)

3 comments:

Jeannette E. Spaghetti said...

Sooooo, when are you inviting me over for this? I will totally wear a special outfit....which color do you prefer, blue or pink (with black polka dots)? :D

Me said...

I want to see how the blue-fangled contraption works. :D Apparently, I need to have a cocktail party with the mojitos.

Morgan said...

Yum. Thanks.