Monday, March 8, 2010

Not anything new...

but I'm so very excited to have my acceptance to UMSL's College of Nursing. I had to apply as an undergraduate before applying for clinicals, and even though I had that acceptance I didn't feel like I could call myself an UMSL student. Now, I am proud to say, "I'm a nursing student at UMSL." Sure I haven't actually started my Clinical Major, but I have acceptance to start. Knowing that makes my insides feel bubbly. GOOOOOOOO TRITONS! (Which can I say seems like an odd mascot since it's not living? Are there other inanimate object mascots? I can't off the top of my head think of any.) YAY!

I have my advising appointment in April on my birthday. That is when I'll get to register and get my official UMSL id. I can't wait, but I am also trying to enjoy my time at the community college. It's going to get pretty hectic once I start clinicals. I won't have my Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays off anymore. As Jillian Michaels says, "You don't get to the finish line and stop. You finish stronger than you started." That's how I want to finish out my community college career. I'll start by getting back to the four short stories that I need to read for tomorrow morning's class.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Frick said...

I'm so, so happy for you. Big-time congrats on your acceptance! Here's to the future!!!

Me said...

Thank you, Elizabeth, for both of your comments. I'm sorry I didn't respond to the last one. It's especially nice because I don't really have a very big "fan base." So therefore I don't get a lot of comments. Hahaha.

TMA said...

There are lots of weird mascots out there. Tulane in NOLA has the Green Wave. Delta State in MS has the Fighting Okra. Syracuse has an orangemen or something odd like that. I am sure there are more. Boilermakers is another one.

Franchesca said...

I just saw that and thought I STILL know my UMSL ID#. I wonder if it's still active?