Saturday, March 6, 2010

SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Today, I hitched up the trailer bike, and Monkey and I rode over to the R.'s house for a morning playdate. The ride was a little brisk but not bad overall. It was one of the first times in a while that AR and I were actually able to sit and talk without child interruptions every 30 seconds. Afterwards, Monkey and I rode home taking a slight detour through the park. It was a really nice morning.

The mailman was delivering mail as we pulled in front of the house. I opened the door and let Monkey in, and when I looked down I saw a packet...from UMSL...it's the piece of mail that I've been waiting for for just over a month!!!!! I opened the packet and skimmed the cover page. It's a packet!!! It has eight items!!! It says it contains an acceptance letter!!! I then moved to the actual letter. "Dear Me, I am pleased to inform you that you will begin the Clinical Major in Fall 2010 at the College of Nursing at the University of Missouri-St. Louis." SQUEEEEE!!!!!! I immediately called Dirty and posted a status update on Facebook.

I am so excited. I got in. I am relieved. I didn't apply anywhere else. If I didn't get into UMSL's program my four year plan would be totally screwed. I didn't really want to go to Chamberlain. At the moment, it isn't one of the schools in the area that is very reputable. I think that is mainly due to newness in the area. SLU and Maryville aren't really an options due to price. Barnes-Jewish admits on a first come-first serve basis and I didn't apply soon enough. I feel like I can take a deep breath. I don't have to worry so much about my classes as long as I can keep up a "B" average, which shouldn't be a problem because I have had, up until this point, straight "A's." I did get my first "B" on a paper today though. I have to admit that I didn't do my best. What was I thinking making page long paragraphs? I am not going to just stop trying in my classes, but the stress of keeping straight "A's" to get into a merit based program isn't quite as necessary. Phew.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Frick said...

Yahoooooo!!! I'm so excited for you :)

KBO said...

Congrats!