Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tricksey Little Hobbitses, Mildewy laundry, and Lord of the Rings marathon...

To start with tricksey little hobbitses...Tonight we had chicken enchiladas. This is not something the boys love (it's not dino chicken nuggets after all) but they ate it tonight without too much hassle. Monkey wasn't quite as hungry as usual what with the animal crackers/enough pepper cheese to constipate an elephant/a third of a peach/applesauce dipper/graham cracker sticks/apple juice/cut up tomato snack. So he didn't eat much of the dinner. I told him that in order to get dessert he needed to eat more...then I left to go talk to Dirty about what I spent at the grocery store today. That was a parenting mistake that I should have learned not to make by now. So Monkey took his adult sized plate, emptied it into the garbage disposal, rinsed his plate, then asked for dessert. When I went to see how much he'd eaten there was no plate because it was completely cleaned off in the sink. Do I tell him I don't believe that he ate the rest and not give him dessert? Do I give in because he did clear his place and clean off his plate? How can I verify that he did indeed eat his dinner? I didn't. I gave him the one flavor-ice that has frozen since we got home from the grocery store and a waffle cone bowl with some rainbow sherbet in it. Tricksey little hobbitses...

Mildewy laundry has to do with the fact that I am washing for the third time the same load of darks that I keep leaving either a.) in the washer until it mildews or b.) in the dryer not giving it more dry cycles (because it's a super large load) until it gets mildewy. I've spent more money on laundry detergent, water, and electricity with this one load of laundry than I cared to. I vow to get this load of darks through the entire laundry cycle instead of leaving it down in the basement to mildew once more.

And finally, our family has been having a Lord of the Rings marathon in all of our free tv watching time (LOTR for all of you lay-folk). In anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour or so we have been watching all three of the LOTRs...since last Friday. It's now Tuesday and we are finally on the final movie (Return of the King...again for all you that don't know much about LOTR) We have all three movies in extended versions. That adds on maybe 30 extra minutes or so of movie onto already pretty long movies. Don't tell Dirty but I actually enjoy all of these movies but love busting his chops about how I don't want to watch them. I don't really need a reason to watch Viggo Mortensen, Orlando Bloom, Elijah Wood, or Andy Serkis (hee hee hee for anyone that doesn't know he actually plays Gollum). My only problem with watching them this time is that Dirty has sub-dialogues of what the characters are thinking. For instance, when Eowyn is trying to convey to Aragorn that she wants to end up with him before the final battle because she loves him Dirty says, "Step up off my grill woman! I only dig elven women. Those pointy ears really do it for me. I don't want some human woman. I don't care if you can wield a sword." Other than that I do enjoy the movies and that is why I'm calling my three year old a tricksey little hobbitses.

4 comments:

HalfPint said...

So how many marathons for LOTR does this make? Generally I don't mind looking at EW either, but since he is a gay hobbit in this movie he doesn't excite me. Personally, I fancy David Wenham and except for LOTR you don't see him in much else because most of his movies are in Europe. Faramir for those who aren't familiar with him.
.....and you are very welcome for all the clothes that worked for Monkey!! I miss the clothes swapping.

Me said...

Of the human men Aragorn will always be my favorite. :D

I'm not really sure how many LOTR marathons we've had. Dirty thinks I don't like them so he usually does them while I'm not home. Last night while he was finishing up the last movie I was like a whirlwind cleaning and doing laundry though the house. That will probably make him start watching more movies that I don't have the patience to sit down and watch so that I'll do more housework. ;^)

TMA said...

What is up with those dino chicken nuggets!??!! I think they put kid crack in them...my kids JONES for them several times per week.

Jeannette E. Spaghetti said...

We do our LOTR marathon near Thanksgiving. Over the weekend we had an impromptu marathon of Fantastic Four cartoons. We totally got sucked in.