Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer Vacation...

Summer vacation is officially here. I know that all of us that get to be more house-bound during the summer were looking forward to it. Of course we will be visiting all of the regular summer places around town but we get to do it when we want to do it whenever we want to do it. Last night Yellow Belt was upset that he had to go to late (7-8:15 p.m.) Tae Kwon Do until I reminded him that it didn't really matter that it was late night because he could stay up until I go to bed which would be at the very least 11 p.m. He perked up after that. I think the routines and schedules were really wearing on him.

Yesterday we had our first day of summer vacation. The boys woke up I think about 7. (I can't remember anymore since today Yellow Belt slept until 9 a.m. and Monkey slept until 10 a.m.) Yellow Belt didn't want to eat breakfast so I didn't push it. He ended up just eating lunch. The boys both stayed in their underwear until after lunch when we got sunblocked up and swimsuits on. We played in the sprinkler and baby pool. The boys like to dunk into the pool and it's the perfect size for that. After outside play we came in for "quiet time" so that I could work out. "Quiet time" didn't end up being very quiet because Monkey was too silly trying to entertain big brother. Afterwards I went to go clean the kitchen and start dinner. Yellow Belt and Monkey watched some tv and then Yellow Belt came in, at 4:30 p.m. no less, to inform me that Monkey was asleep. Yellow belt then demanded dino chicken nuggets for dinner because he DID NOT want salmon patties and he wasn't going to eat what I made. I informed him that I wasn't making anything else and he WAS going to eat the dinner I DID make. He disappeared the rest of the time that I prepared dinner. Once Dirty got home, about 5 p.m., I woke up Monkey who was surprisingly pleasant during dinner, we ate, had the discussion about not wanting to go to Tae Kwon Do, Yellow Belt decided once again (for the fifth time at least) that he does indeed like salmon patties, and Dirty and Yellow Belt left to go to class. They stopped to get milk and ice cream on the way home and the boys both stayed up until around 11 p.m. (the reason they slept late today).

I spent the entire day enjoying the moments and telling the boys how much I was enjoying spending time with them. I know that there will be a point during the summer when we're all going crazy and I'm counting down the days until school starts but for now I'm really enjoying our slow starts and being together all day long. Today Yellow Belt has a playdate and will be gone all afternoon until after dinner, but we got some quality time to watch Essence of Emeril together which we haven't done in a really long time.

No comments: