Sunday, September 28, 2008

Another A, John Frusciante, and A Random Question...

A full week after taking the first test my psych. teacher got our grades back to us. The grades are curved so I ended up with a high A instead of a low B. Woo Hoo!!! So far so good on the school front. Dirty supports my need of plenty of time to study and I'm working on introducing the home chores in with the school stuff. It's nice getting staight As though and it's hard to integrate the daily chores.

In other news I'm completely obsessed with John Frusicante. I don't have a website for him because his doesn't seem to be working right now. So there's a video from youtube where I've added about 100 videos of John or the RHCP because I love them too. When I got to go to a RHCP show a few years ago I was mainly going to see John. I believe he is one of the best guitar players of "my" generation.

That my is in quotation marks because well he's 9 years older than me and therefore more part of my sister's generation than my own. I've gotten confused with the lettering of the generations but I think I am technically a Y and yet I think I identify with the Xs even though I was more of a tween (that wasn't a vocabulary term when I was a "tween").

Anyway, I have another test tomorrow. I'm not too worried about it but I still need to reread my study guide a few more times and make sure I know the differences between conlict, functionalist, and interactionist perspectives.

Random question...when people say they read Nietzsche do they actually do it like, "I was bored so I pulled out my copy of Nietzsche to read."? Some of my friends think that I read "heavy content" books because I read classics like Tolstoy and Austen.

No comments: