Sunday, September 7, 2008

So I should be doing homework...

However the boys have way too much energy after eating dinner. Dirty is gone for the MS 150. He'll be home in a couple of hours. He raised $700 towards the fight against MS.

I've been home with the boys alone all weekend. I haven't gotten any homework done. Well that's not true. I've read maybe four paragraphs of psychology and partially finished brainstorming for my comp. II course recall essay. I'm starting to understand why parents/adults push high school graduates to finish college while they still have no kids. My house was a mess. I spent about an hour today catching up on some of the cleaning. The cat litter, for instance, was starting to knock people unconscious when they would walk through the door. We were losing minutes lying on the floor trying to regain our composure. The bathroom was my own personal shame when Dirty's friend, BB, came over before they left for Columbia and used the bathroom while Dirty packed up. The bathroom hadn't been touched all week and was smelly and splattered with toothpaste. It was pretty embarrassing. Then I go look at my friend's 365 day portrait project to find this. I was so grateful that she only took a picture of the shower curtain.

I've watched four movies this weekend. A local blogger turned me onto illegal tv show and movie sites. I watched Juno (loved it), Lars and the Real Girl (loved it), Dan in Real Life (loved it), and 27 Dresses (it was alright for a chick flick). Finding free entertainment was nice and slightly titillating since it was illegal. I've also been watching tv shows that way too. Not so helpful on the finishing homework front but old habits die hard.

I've learned some new tricks and hopefully when you click on the hyperlinks they will open in a new window. I was told that it's too much of a bother to hit the back button and blog savvy folks will just move onto something else. This way instead of moving the mouse up to the back button you can move it to the "X" close window button. I'm wondering now that I wrote that though if it has something to do with the differences between MACs and PCs. Feel free to let me know and I apologize if I've offended with my naivete.

I am having a real issue with needing pockets. Sometimes I wear pants or a jacket and can keep my cell phone in them or keys or whatever. But a lot of the time I wear skirts or don't feel like having the bulk in my pockets. I've decided after many months of consideration that I am going to become "the lady who always wears an apron in her house" lady. I like having the easy access pockets and the keeping the front of my clothes clean aspect would also be nice. My only problem is that my one and only apron is not cute. It's navy canvas and boring, boring, boring. I want some old school style aprons. I saw an episode of Sex and the City where Charlotte was making her first Shabbat dinner. Carrie, Miranda and Charlotte were all wearing extremely cute stylish aprons. I either need to figure out how to sew and make my own or find someone else who does. I don't know why women stopped wearing them. It's not like they aren't functional...like gloves or hats.

1 comment:

TMA said...

Wow...you really don't want to do homework! We watched Juno last weekend and loved it. I thought Dan was a little disappointing, guess it wasn't what I expected going in. I have your book. Loved it! My new vampire show came on tonight and Tivo recorded a black screen...something about our HD is not hooked up right. I am so pissed. Hopefully HBO will show it again soon.