Thursday, September 18, 2008

First A...

I had my first test today. I was most worried about this test because the professor has such a low pass rate for his tests. I love the age of the scantron!!! I took my test between 11-12:20 this morning and even with the three 2-3 part essay questions my professor was able to have my grades posted by 2 p.m. when I got home and immediately got online to see if my grade was posted. That was never the case the first time I went to college. Scantrons came about when I was in jr. high and were more prevalent in high school. Some of my college professors used them but mainly they used essays (yikes!!!).

I felt good about the test after I finished it. I couldn't really imagine not doing well and getting a bad grade. I felt like the answers were coming to me and, even though I was worried about jinxing myself, I thought most of my answers were right. I scored 91 out of 100!!!! Not only that but this professor gives supplemental quizzes. If you miss them you can't get the points and it isn't counted against you, but if you take them you get 2 points for every correct answer. The quizzes are his answer to extra credit. I took the quiz and got 14 points which count toward my test points. So I end up with over 100% for the class. I was so excited I did Gob's chicken dance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome! I knew you'd do well. Off to a great start.
We'll have to out for drinks to celebrate?
Ruth

Morgan said...

Good Job! Smiles.

m.

TMA said...

congrats! Certainly seems like you have been putting in the time to get the payoff. I really don't know how you are doing it. The thought of it sends yuckiness through me.