Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hello Old Friend...

Yes it's been awhile. I've not had time for a while lot lately other than school, housework, raising two boys, and keeping the hubby happy. Working on schoolwork has paid off. I have an "A" average for midterms. I'm not putting in quite as much time as I should but I've still got my head above water.

Monkey turned four. He has a new potty-training motto since his birthday. "I am four and four-year olds are in control of their bodies." As far as I can tell he also knows all of his letters. He also knows most of their sounds.

The scientist, after a long talk about how he is not type of person who is mean to his little brother or who thinks bad, possibly violent, thoughts about people. His response, although timid, was, "I'm allowed to be whoever I am." This wasn't snotty, but more matter-of-fact like he's been told it before. I then had to explain to him that it was my job to make sure that he knows when he's making decisions that are not nice or right. I don't know what's going on with him right now. I do know he's growing physically, and I guess I should understand that he might regress in other areas during that process.

Dirty is holding up pretty well. It makes me giggle a little that every weekend when we have a chance to clean up he almost every time says to the boys, "You know Mommy and I used to clean the house every weekend and spend hours making the house look nice. Did you know that?" On a slightly sour note he also shaved his hair off. All of it. He said he wanted it off. Every time he does that I question why he doesn't shave it but leave an inch or even a half an inch of hair. Instead every time he shaves it down to probably an 1/8 of an inch.

Maybe I'm just jealous. I really need a trim if not a full blown cut. I can't decided where to go. I have a few leads but cost effectiveness is of high priority. That's all I've got right now. We've all been fighting colds and I've had sinus issues for the last week. I took some ibuprofen but it hasn't diminished the extreme pain in my cranio-facial area.

No comments: