Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween...







*The above pictures are in reverse order. I have no idea why blogger reversed the order and I don't feel like figuring out how to re-reverse them. You should be able to get the general idea of the evening though.

The boys were off today so Dirty took off because I still had class. They started the day by going in to Dirty's office to trick or treat. They made a pretty big haul there. Then they went to the park where some of my friends and their kids were having a playdate. I thought that was pretty brave of Dirty to be around a handful of my friends with no other husbands around.

We started trick or treating in the neighborhood about 6 p.m. The boys were both eager to get to Grandpa C.'s and Grandma T.'s so on the walk there they weren't too interested in stopping at the houses giving out candy. Once at Dirty's parent's house we helped give out candy. That didn't last very long because Grandpa C. was giving out handfuls to each trick-or-treater. We then went inside to visit for a little bit and eat a few pieces of candy. After the visit we made the boys walk home to burn off some of the candy energy.

Once home the boys (as soon as they got to the top of the steps) dumped their bags and sorted their candy by type. I then gave them each a labeled container to put their loot into. The Scientist not only sorted his candy but then continued to lay each type neatly into his container. He didn't inherit my perfectionism at all. ;^)

No comments: