Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The problem...

with going out on a "school night" with friends is that I'm wired afterwards. I'm not tired at all. I just set up a facebook account because TA and JK said I must. That and GG has an account and so I can't be the only lame-o without a facebook account amongst my friends. I fell prey to peer pressure by creating an account and also buying a pepper spray from the self defense guy because it's better than a gun(his rationing).

My main question was, "Exactly how effective would this be against a bear?" because he said that it was more powerful than bear spray. I never knew there was such a thing. The question I asked him originally was "Where on the bear would I have to spray it?" The self defense expert said that it would be best to spray it in the nose/eye/mouth area, but that I would need a bigger volume of spray against a bear. Whatever. I guess I'm not concerned enough about muggers and rapists in the city. I'm more concerned about, when Dirty takes me on these backpacking trips that he's always talking about, how much I'm going to have to interact with the wildlife?

So now I have a two million something units per whatever of pepper spray on my keychain. Another worry I have about the pepper spray is will my monkey of a child, who is able to scale our full size refrigerator and was able to open our high handled doors by 18 months, be able to operate the pepper spray. The self defense guy's answer was, "Well if he does and it gets on him I can guarantee that he won't do it again." That would be a fun emergency room visit.

I'm feeling at this point like I shouldn't have wasted the money. I guess it's peace of mind. I think I would have rather gone out a couple times for "gourmet" coffee. Oh well.

So now the minutes are ticking away past midnight. I have pepper spray on my keychain. I might be able to keep a mugger or rapist at bay by using some newly learned self-defense moves. I did have fun out with my friends. I have class early (9 a.m.) and I could possibly sleep until 8 if I just throw on clothes, brush teeth, wash face, prepare coffee and run out the door. I'll probably be moving pretty slowly though and will need to get up sooner than that to make sure that I don't forget anything. For instance, I forgot to put on make-up tonight. I also felt a little underdressed. The last time I went to Erato I wore nice clothes and none of my friends dressed up. Tonight they did. The last time I wore my black silk heels and it rained. I just realized this weekend that the reason said heels no longer fit right is because I wore them in the rain and they stretched out. So I guess I'll set my alarm for 7:30. I'm ready for bed now.

2 comments:

HalfPint said...

I don't think you need to worry about a bear attack - with as many times as Dirty has watched Lord of the Rings I am sure he has earned up enough Fairy and Hobbit points that the forest creatures would come to your rescue due to their awe in his devotion.

.....oh, and you so don't need makeup - you are a natural beauty.

....and, I joined facebook under peer pressure too - now JG has me doing things in there.

TMA said...

you did not seem underdressed to me. Besides with as much water as you were spilling nicer clothes would have been ruined. Plus, the whole experience (besides the friends) was less than deserving of being dressed up. At least you were dressed for the right season! :) You were dressed nicer than some.