Monday, March 17, 2008

It's the beginning...

Spring break officially starts today with White Belt's first day off of school. I have a cold and a headache and feel like staying in bed. We are supposed to have walking group but no one has RSVP'd so I'm not going to that. It's really tough to do with both boys. Around lunch time we're supposed to go to my friend TA's house for St. Patrick's day crafts. I'm supposed to bring a snack though and don't feel like thinking of one. Everyone always expects something great and the last four or five days I just haven't felt like thinking about it. This cold has been slow moving but really just annoying. There are a couple other activities that I have planned for the week. I really need to go grocery shopping for meals so that we don't blow through the grocery budget on impulse food buys. But again that takes me sitting down and thinking to plan a meal. You know what??? I'm going to go pound a canister of water and hopefully my brain will start working to some degree. I'll update on spring break later. :D (That's a hopeful smiley face...not how I actually feel right now. Fake it until you make it.)

UPDATE...I drank a canister of water and got moving. I was able to finagle the boys into going to the grocery store. They actually behaved pretty well with a little Lunchable bribing. (I don't theoretically agree with bribing your children but there are some times when you just HAVE to. I also despise Lunchables and think that they are a ridiculous thing to market to children and yet I still use them on rare occasions when I need a little extra leverage. Don't judge me :) White Belt conveyed to me that the reason he had been grumpy was because Monkey woke him up early. I thought that was understandable and was glad that he was identifying his feelings but did explain that just because we are hungry, tired, etc. doesn't mean that we are not still responsible for controlling our emotions. Maybe this wasn't as effective as it could be since I had blown up trying to get them out of the house.b

No comments: