Monday, March 10, 2008

Note to Self...

Don't pretend that you are going to just drop Monkey at DR's house so you can go workout. You know that you are going to sit and chat and drink coffee for most of the morning.

I had made plans with DR to meet at The Heights to work out this morning. But she called around 9 a.m. to tell me that she had just, literally just, woke up and JR was saying, "Not yet." to leaving the house. I said I was still going and if they got going she could meet us. Then she said, "Why don't you have Monkey come over and play here? I don't mind and then you don't have to spend the money to put him in the childcare." I asked Monkey if he was okay with that and of course he wanted to go play with JR. So knowing full well that I wouldn't leave DR's house to go work out once I was there I went to DR's house to drop off Monkey. I never made it to the gym. I sat and chatted and drank three cups of coffee while the boys played. Thanks again DR.

2 comments:

Jeannette E. Spaghetti said...

Sounds like the time we were on our way to The Heights, fully dressed to work out... we ended up at St. Louis Bread Company drinking blended coffee and eating bagels.

Of course, we had a legitimate excuse; the parking lot was full.

Me said...

Yes exactly. I was supposed to work out today as well instead I sat outside and let Marcus play at the playground at The Heights. I guess at least I'm getting closer to the gym. :D