Thursday, March 20, 2008

More weather...

It was another beautiful spring day in St. Louis. White Belt, Monkey and I went to my friend JK's to decorate Easter eggs. I had packed a picnic lunch. So after egg dying we went to The Heights playground to have a picnic lunch and play as long as the boys wanted. We stayed about four hours. At the end of our stay there Dirty's friend, BB, showed up and we sat on the bench talking about the boy/girl differences in pretend play. Mainly that difference is that the boys were either animals or food and the girls were usually teenagers. I was able to deduce that what made the girls pretend teenagers was that they were in gymnastics and they did not like water. I heard one of the boys say that he was a sandwich. This made BB and I both giggle. Once Dirty showed up from work he and BB took off on their bikes and I brought White Belt and Monkey home in the car.

Immediately (or at least it seemed that way) we left home to go rock climbing at REI. This was my first time going. The boys and Dirty have been a handful of times before. I was able to make it to the top as opposed to the time I went climbing at Upper Limits and could barely make it onto the wall. It was a lot of fun. Our belayer was really nice and great with the boys. He actually talked with White Belt's scouting den for one of their electives on Sunday. Now that I've been working out I would like to try Upper Limits again. I think I could actually get onto the wall this time.

Now I have a little bit of a headache and think I still haven't recovered from my afternoon in the sun. I'm heading out again tomorrow to take the boys and one of Monkey's friends to the zoo. I'm a little worried about the crowd that will inevitably be there but I think I'll be able to handle it. I do love the zoo and that what helps make the experience have a positive note.

No comments: