Thursday, April 10, 2008

Count it...

Number 21 Pilates routine completed yesterday. After all morning and then part of the afternoon at two different playgrounds my friend, DR, took Monkey for the afternoon. I'm not exactly sure why she wanted to do this since she was already watching another three year old which brought her grand total up to three three year olds at the hardest part of a three year old mother's day "quiet/nap time". But she did it, said that it went really well, and I am extremely grateful that she did take him because it made me feel guilty enough to force myself to work out.

Luckily, I had a Real Housewives of New York City which is good junk food to watch while working out. I learned my lesson of not watching anything too funny after nearly injuring myself watching The Graham Norton show during Pilates. It's much less dangerous to watch a show and mainly be thinking, "What is wrong with these ladies? They have their priorities all messed up." That's much better than pulling a muscle from laughing so hard.

After talking to my friend, JL, today about workouts and results I'm starting to wonder if I'm pushing myself hard enough since she is having better physical results with Bikram yoga. I just don't have the money to put towards those classes.

3 comments:

HalfPint said...

Hey, I bought an Ana Caban CD the other day. Yesterday I attempted 3x's to do it. Babers was my biggest obstacle. I like to use nap time to do the cards - but it will also have to accomodate Pilates. SuperStar is my other. I tried to do the tape in the evening when BigGuy was home and SuperStar showed up with her mat. Only she kept falling over onto me. Sigh - nap time it is. When do you do yours? Also - do you use the bands and such too?

Me said...

Generally I am doing it when Monkey is napping. However, there have been days that I don't get to it and Dirty will keep the boys occupied while I do it. I have not done any of the videos with bands or the Pilates ring but I've been told that they make it that much more intense. Right now I've just been trying to perfect my form as an "intermediate" with the floor mat series.

HalfPint said...

Well, I have been away from pilates for a very long time my friend and doing the tape today proved it. Granted I had worked on the eliptical this morning - so my legs were tired, but the pilates kicked what was left of my ass. My joints were super sore. The tape I have is abs. Then there is also a lower body that I haven't tried. Yikes.