Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'm a "Regular"!!!

Some of the coffee shop regulars are viewing me as a regular which I found exciting this morning. I've decided to introduce myself to the staff of my favorite coffee shop the next time I'm in...especially Sullen Guy who always under-charges me, gives me extra bacon when I order a sandwich, doesn't get frustrated when I can't decide if I want food or not, and let's it roll off his back if I get distracted (sometimes I have Monkey with me). I'm always polite* (I greet them with a "Hi", I try and be as quick with ordering as possible, and ALWAYS say "please" and "thank you") but if I'm going to see these people as often as I sometimes do I should introduce myself...right???

*At least to the ones that don't try and act all condescending when, I accidentally, order two "endless cups" (insert nasty look here by guy taking order), and I end up clarifying my order by saying that I want two 16 oz. sized "to go" coffees which is technically different than an "endless cup". I did have one of the staff give me a look like "You are so clueless. I'm so much hipper than you will ever be. I would never screw up my coffee order. How lame you must be. I can't believe all of the extra steps you are making me go through to put this order in." which I thought was rude.

As a person who works at a coffee shop you should have the understanding that some of the people who order will have some order clarity issues...THAT'S WHY WE DRINK COFFEE!!! So don't all go and get an attitude when one of us accidentally orders using the incorrect terms for the coffee (sizes, types, etc.)

I could also complain about a girl that works there who speaks as little as possible to me and acts like I'm bothering her by being there ordering. But I digress...

BTW Sullen Guy has never given me attitude. He quietly backs up in the order, corrects it, and then gives me my "to go" cup (whichever size I want...generally the 16 oz.) marked with a "B" (I think that stands for endless cup. I might ask him the next time since I'm going to introduce myself anyway), and then ALWAYS says thank you. So thank you Sullen Guy. You always brighten up my coffee shop visits.

4 comments:

HalfPint said...

You should point out to the rude girl and the annoyed guy that you are a REGULAR and they should already anticipate the mistakes you are about to make - that is their job when dealing with the Regulars!!

Me said...

From now on I think I will. I was only just recognized as a "regular" yesterday though. :D

Jeannette E. Spaghetti said...

You should post the name of the coffee shop or link to it. Linky love makes the blogosphere go round.

Me said...

UPDATE!!! Coffee lady, that usually doesn't speak more than she has to, must have been in a better mood the last time I was in. She actually told me to "Enjoy your coffee." Granted, she was saying this to all of her customers but she said it to me too and that's alright.