Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Count It...

Number 24 Pilates routine completed. I also walked yesterday, extremely briskly, with KL. She's not that much taller than me, and I don't think her legs are that much longer than mine, but man alive I was huffing and puffing and sweating profusely. She chatted and I don't think she sweat at all. Now the sweating thing could just be me because I've found that I am a pretty sweaty person, but I do remember her telling me that she is pretty sweaty also in a previous conversation.

Today, I also completed an intermediate belly dancing dvd. I started it while Marcus was at preschool, but then lost my focus. I needed to put a letter in the mail and the mailbox that I was thinking about is across the street from a coffee shop. I also had a card completey punched which gave me a free coffee at said coffee shop. So I quit because I "decided" that it was "too hard" and that I should try a beginners video (which I would still like to do). But this afternoon I decided to give it another go and finished it. It was a really good cardio workout and different than the same old same old Pilates/Yoga/Dance dvds that I have been doing. That made my hips sore in all the right places. :D Plus I love dancing as a workout...even if my tummy is not toned like the girls in the video and I jiggle a whole lot more than any of them. It's belly dancing so you are going to jiggle a little even if you are in great shape like Rania who leads the video. I definitely need to perfect the moves though. I had trouble getting into position for each set which threw me off. But it was my first go at the belly dancing and I think I did pretty well. I think I'll try to renew it through the library for as long as they'll let me.

3 comments:

TMA said...

That belly dancing thing sounds fun...get me more details. Maybe I could od that on my off days from the trainer. Theresa

Jeannette E. Spaghetti said...

I like doing the belly dance workout, but I never worked hard enough to sweat.

A few weeks ago I ate at Saleem's and there was a belly dancer...which was totally distracting because we were trying to eat and chat with friends. Plus, everyone was like trying to watch and avoid eye contact at the same time - we didn't want her to come give us a private dance.

Me said...

This is a cardio belly dancing video. It's constant movement...basically it's pretty fast dancing for about 45 minutes. The breaks that are there are pretty short. I would say maybe 15 seconds.