Thursday, April 24, 2008

Count It...

Pilates routine number 25 completed today. I've also proudly finished four days in a row of cardio for at least 30 minutes. Nice. While doing the belly dancing routine with no pants on looking in the mirror I noticed that I am getting definition in my leg muscles (quadriceps and glutes to be exact). I was also admiring my shoulders and triceps while doing mat Pilates.

So while I'm not losing any weight I still feel like I'm looking better. I'm trying to be at peace with the fact that I won't get to a size 4 in as quickly as 30 Pilates sessions. And really it's taken me about a year to get to the size I am now. There was some time after gaining weight of just being where I wasn't feeling very healthy but was okay with just being.

I like that after cardio I feel like I have more energy throughout the day. For instance, I got home after Tae Kwon Do and swept the kitchen, cleaned the bathroom, and vacuumed the whole house. And while I feel physically tired I still feel more energized than before getting back into shape. I think I'm sleeping better and wake up ready to go. And cardio is something that I said I obviously needed and I'm glad that I'm finding ways, that I enjoy, to incorporate them into my exercise routine.

No comments: