Tuesday, April 15, 2008

He love me. He really loves me.



Max the Cat left me a little gift by my side of the bed. Last night (midnight or so) he threw a totally different mouse on my nightstand. I had mumbled to Dirty that I thought the cat had caught a mouse. He laid across me and watched the cat playing with the mouse for a few minutes before the cat threw it up on my nightstand. Then Dirty tried to clear it away before I noticed. But he'd turned on the light and I looked over to find him scraping a mouse carcass across a silk scarf that I have draped over the nightstand. Needless to say, that went into the trash.

This happens about once a year. We get a mommy mouse with babies. Max the Cat catches the mom, then the babies come out on their own (I guess looking for food), and are killed off one by one. And since this one was left for me during the day I had to take care of it myself. Normally, I just dance around making gagging noises while Dirty catches or clears away the mouse body.

2 comments:

HalfPint said...

Hmmm...we always catch live ones and then BigGuy takes them somewhere else to live. Wonder how I would do with a dead one? Gotta love cats.

Jeannette E. Spaghetti said...

Ewwwww. I hate when that happens.