Wednesday, February 20, 2008

book club is cancelled?!?!?!

After a four day weekend, it may be sad, but I needed a break from my kids. Yes, I know that my husband was home all weekend and that he is a HUGE help in all things boy. I was still really looking forward to some coffee, snacks, and minimal conversation about the book that my book club was reading for February. However, when I woke up on Tuesday morning I had a message saying that book club was cancelled due to illness in the family. I was feeling the stress wash over me. Then Monkey woke up and was very crabby toward me. I tried to make him cereal. He didn't want that. I was going to make him pancakes from a mix. We have no eggs and therefore the pancake mix is useless. AHA!!! There is a strawberry muffin mix! I can turn that into pancakes. This all seems very calm but at 7 a.m. with a three year old throwing a tantrum of maximum proportion it's a little hard to think clearly. Once he realized that I was indeed making pancakes (strawberry pancakes no less) he calmed down.

We went about getting ready and White Belt's break must have been what he needed because he had no complaints about going to school. I dropped him off at school where, luckily, he and his classmates were getting to sit inside the gym because of the frigid temps. Then I took Monkey to school who told me that he didn't want to go to his school. He didn't stop complaining the entire way. When we got to the light at Jefferson getting off of 44 he yelled at me that, "Green means go, MOM! Turn the car! The sun is getting in my face!!!!!" I calmly told him that I couldn't go because even though green means go the light is red right now. That means I can't do anything about it. I'm sorry the sun is in his eyes and I will turn the car just as soon as I can.

Right then my friend RE called to ask if I would still like to get together somewhere...even if we don't discuss the book. She needed to have some break from her oldest sometime throughout the day. So we talked about options. I knew that wherever we went it needed to include coffee and possibly something to eat. So we decided on Hartford Coffee Co. We called everyone who was supposed to come to book club. And invited DR who we knew is always in for coffee. We had a nice time at Hartford and some distraction from what is stressful in our lives.

I needed to go meet AR at my house, where she was going to drop Monkey off, so I helped DR out to her car. DR said that if I needed a distraction for Monkey that we could come over to her house where she also needed a distraction from JR. They were leaving last night to go to Memphis where she was dropping off JR at her parents house then she and her husband were going on their first child-free trip in three years. I didn't really feel like facing my house and spending time with someone where our children will go off and play together is always nice. We were able to sit and chat all afternoon until I had to go get White Belt from school. So thank you DR for your hospitality. I got indigestion from the IMO's though. :D I have nothing but good wishes for your trip.

Then Dirty took both boys with him to Tae Kwon Do even though Monkey hadn't had a nap. And I got to do a session of mat Pilates and take a shower. When they got home I put Monkey to bed and then passed out not much later myself. I don't know why I've been so exhausted.

No comments: