Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day...

So in the grand scheme of things I have not had the best Valentine's Days. I've been broken up with, I've found out I've been cheated on by a boyfriend, and I have now been totally rebuffed by my firstborn. I thought that I would get a few gifts for the boys. I bought White Belt a frog dish and frog spoon and fork. For Monkey I bought a monkey dish and monkey spoon and fork. Then I also got them a Curious George dvd to share. They both came out excited about getting gifts. White Belt's response was, "Dang!" That was it. So I said, "Dang? What do you mean dang?" White Belt said, "Just dang about the presents." I didn't know what to make of that so I went about making breakfast while they looked over their gifts. Monkey by the way said he loved his gifts and all of his monkeys were named George. Then once they are eating breakfast White Belt asks, "Why did you get me frogs?" I said, "I got you frogs because you like green. You've pretty much always like green. The only other animals they had were ladybugs and butterflies. Would you have rather had one of those?" "No." "Well then the only choice was frogs." I thought that would be the end of the conversation but a little later he asks, "Can you just take these gifts back and get me more gifts?" And by this point I'm starting to wonder why I bought him anything to begin with. He was totally spoiled at Christmas and now he is pooing all over the gifts that I thought he would like. So I said, "No I'm not taking them back to buy you something else. And I'm done talking about this. You're bumming me out." He then proceeded to try and push Monkey's and my buttons the rest of the time that we were together this morning. After writing about this I think that maybe he was just not in a very good mood. He went to bed late and then woke up a little early. I'm trying to get this out of my system before I have to pick him up at 3:30 at school.

I will say that Monkey has been a complete doll all day. He was excited about his gifts. When he was at this Valentine's Day party at school he was more excited about the cards than the candy. I think he was the only child there that didn't eat every single piece of candy given him. He didn't even get into his candy when we were there. He did eat the savory food and a little of the strawberry milk. He's also been extremely cuddly and sweet all day.

After the party we went to meet Dirty at his work for lunch. We were going to go to Trainwreck or something like that. But when we got there, right at 12, there was a huge rush and we didn't feel like waiting. I wasn't really looking forward to bar food. And since there was a wait we left and went to Crazy Bowls And Wraps. Dirty got a chicken Caesar wrap with crispy chicken that I think he gets every time. Monkey and I shared the Teriyaki salmon bowl with brown rice and vegetables. It was extremely yummy and filling. I didn't finish all of the rice but it was a really big bowl.

1 comment:

HalfPint said...

Ahhh yes, the love and gratitude of children. At one time or another I have had both my olders do take backs on their Mothers Day gifts. Deciding instead that they would rather keep them then give them. This year though, we just didn't get any gifts. We were forgotten - they bought their friends Valentine bracelets the school sold, went to the $1 store to get them additional gifts and handcrafted cards for them. However, BigGuy and I received bupkiss. They loved the gifts we gave them - Build A Bears that you can use as Webkinz - and then realized we received nothing, pointed it out even, and then ran off happily. Good thing there are days when they make us surprise cards and such.