Friday, February 1, 2008

SNOW DAY!!!!!




I stayed up late (found out later that I didn't really need to) to see if White Belt was going to have school today. When I found out I decided to make him a sign that he would see as soon as he came out of his room. I taped this message to the floor right outside of his door. He opened the door and said, "Oh." Then he read aloud, "White Belt no school today. Love Mom." Immediately after that he said, "Yes!!! Monkey, I don't have school today! Let's go watch tv!" This sign bought me an extra half an hour to sleep since I stayed up late.




After an easy wake up this morning. The boys wanted to play outside. So we bundled up and went out. I figured I needed to shovel the walk anyway. Luckily our snow is pretty powdery and therefore easy to shovel. BUT I heard John from next door with his snowblower. I will say that John is one of the neighboriest neighbors one can have since the PGs have moved away. John pushed his snowblower toward me then turned it off and said, "How much do you want to shovel?" I said, "None of it." He said, "I can do it. This thing has no problem with it and I like doing it." I asked if we could get him some beer or something. And he said, "Well you guys do what you want. I just like doing it." I guess this statement really is true since he did half of the block...ON BOTH SIDES!!! He also made a path from the sidewalk, that he cleared, to the street where he also cleared a space around my car. JOHN ROCKS!!!
So I abandoned my snow shoveling and went to stand in the back and watch the boys play. I would have thought that it would have zapped some of their energy...I was wrong! And yet, my energy is zapped, and I don't think I'll be making it to the grocery store today. Oh well, at least I can tackle some housework.










1 comment:

HalfPint said...

Yeah - I love neighbors like that. I set out to shovel our front since BigGuy was gone (not that he ever shoveled) and as I was 1/3 through our neighbor showed up with his blower - and he helped - then our other neighbor finished his and came over to help. Then, after finishing ours, the two of them kept blowing down the road to an elderly couples house. Nice people are Great. I baked sweet breads and had BigGuy take them over.