Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Note to Self...

When out after 8 p.m. do not, and I repeat DO NOT, drink regular coffee...especially when at a coffee shop type venue. Otherwise you will be awake, unable to fall asleep, until well after midnight.

UPDATE...I ended up staying awake until 2:30 watching a really awful Jessica Alba/Hugh Dancy movie called "The Sleeping Dictionary" since I couldn't sleep anyway. It was a really really really awful movie. Then I finally fell asleep after three only to be woken up by Dirty about an hour later and not able to fall right back to sleep. And to top everything off Monkey was up by 6:15. And now I have to go to SP's to watch her kids so she can go to a speech evaluation for S1 and then lunch with her husband. I would love nothing more than to come home directly after dropping off White Belt and letting Monkey destroy the house while I take a nap. I am so freakin' exhausted. I'm definitely going to need coffee. ;^)

Another update...I realized why I was so buzzed after my coffee which was technically an "Americano". When I get coffee out I usually get either a small or medium/tall or grande/12oz. or 16oz. LATTE. So last night when I got a regular cup which was at least 12 oz. of coffee that is like having twice what I normally have. So I technically had two of my regular-sized cups of coffee last night.

And I did have to have more coffee today which is what is getting me through the day. That and not being too sedentary for fear of passing out. I'm about to go workout while Monkey naps. He's already sleeping so I need to get cracking. I will say though that I've found that I enjoy the "Americano" and it's also much cheaper than a latte because the most expensive thing about the latte is the milk. I may or may not be having the equivalent amount of fat and calories. I think that it might actually be less but there's no way that I'm going to try and calculate that at this moment. That's too much for me to think about right now.

4 comments:

HalfPint said...

unless there is a really good reason - like you are certain your children are going to wake up at 3am to be sick and you need to be totally sleepless the next day.....that is the way it works for me.

Me said...

Update...added.

HalfPint said...

See!!!! Murphys Law!

Me said...

I added another update regarding my coffee habits.