Wednesday, February 20, 2008

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................

That's me growling because maneuvering the parking lot for school drop off and pick up is similar to driving in some sort of demolition derby. This morning I was trying to back up into a spot. I do this because I am nearly hit each time I back out of a spot. So while trying to back into a spot someone, a teacher no less, races behind my car as I'm backing up. Very frustrating. Then this afternoon there was one spot left. Well actually there was only half of a spot left because some inconsiderate person parked in two spaces. This person turns out to be even more inconsiderate later. Monkey fell asleep and instead of bringing a stoller in I carried him so my arm and neck are killing me. White Belt was later than usual coming down. We have to walk to the opposite end of the parking lot to get to the one spot that was open after I drove around the parking lot twice. Then as I'm slowly backing out of my space in the one break in the line of cars opens up double-space-parker speeds out of his space and then stops behind my car. The line in front of him kept going, but of course he just sits there knowing full well that I need to back out before the next extremely long line of cars comes. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only all this but I've come to realize that NO ONE and I mean NO ONE makes a complete stop in St. Louis. This all came about because there was a crackdown across 44 in old McRee town which is now Botanical Heights. Everyone on our neighborhood listserv was complaining about the crackdown which got me thinking about people stopping at stop signs. NO ONE does. Everyone seems to just briefly pause then speed on through. And what I also notice is that people driving behind those that do actually stop, and wait the required 3 seconds, is that they honk, go around, and act like you're inconveniencing them by stopping...AT A STOP SIGN!!!!!!! Who cares if we have more stop signs than other places. It's because we have more reckless drivers who are inconsiderate of other people. It doesn't give you the right to disobey the law.

I thought that venting about this would help but I may actually be getting more worked up. So I'll stop and know that I've put this out into the universe. Maybe now I can put it behind me a little bit.

No comments: