Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Oh so frustrating...

Since dropping our home phone we have not had internet for a week. Now this isn't to say that through other devices we are not able to access the internet which is why I've had posts in this last week. I was using a laptop with a wireless card which let me update my blog. I was also using Dirty's handheld wireless internet device to just check e-mail, but typing anything on that is a pain because you use a stylus to point at letters which is time consuming on such a small screen. And then to top it all off the laptop that we had been using, who's hard-drive had been getting louder and louder over the last month or so, finally crashed. I spent 35 minutes on hold with AT&T today for them to tell me that they haven't found an answer to the problem we have. This problem has something to do with everytime they try to connect us remotely it comes back with an error. The error has something to do with the fact that wherever they are trying to connect us is the incorrect place to connect us. The man that I talked to said that we won't be charged for this time that they are trying to work out our issue. That is the light at the end of that tunnel.

One more thing that is frustrating...Monkey is not taking a nap. For some reason, where he used to fall asleep in the car on the way to pick up White Belt from school, he is no longer falling asleep. Now this wouldn't be a problem except that when he is tired, like after not taking a nap in the afternoon, he is even more rambunctious than normal. For those that know him you may be shuddering with disbelief that anyone could have more energy than Monkey. But, my friends, indeed he does have that much more energy. I believe it has something to do with trying not to be still because it could cause him to fall asleep. Now the upswing of this is that he will be going to bed around 7 p.m.

Tomorrow's a busy day. We have White Belt to drop off at school. Then we have a field trip to the SLPD stables in Forest Park with Monkey's preschool. Then off to the R.'s for Valentine cookie decorating. We will probably be there for quite sometime because that's how playdates go there. And depending on how long we stay there we will come home and hopefully get some of the weekly cleaning stuff done. (i.e. sweep, clean toilet, clean mirrors, wipe fingerprints off of doors, vacuum, dust.) Now to be realistic since this is at the bottom of the list it will most likely get pushed to a later date. I need to go look for recipes for a friend who needs a good room temperature appetizer for a trivia night. Actually I think I will give her a roasted pepper terrine recipe that I have been wanting to try.

One good thing about today...I've gotten the laundry caught up. YAY!!!!!

No comments: