Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I HEART BBC AMERICA!!!

To preface what I am going to say next I do not enjoy any Gordon Ramsay show on American TV...at all!!! I started watching How Clean Is Your House? on BBC America and it would record the first 5 minutes or so of You Are What You Eat. I started recording You Are What You Eat, which then recorded 5 minutes or so of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. My interests were piqued. Then I was recording that show.

When Gordon Ramsay first reared his head on American TV I would not give him the time of day. I came to find out that Gordon Ramsay was a celebrity chef who I actually liked. Now I actually like many celebrity chefs but I thought there was a possibility that I would not like Gordon Ramsay. I really enjoy his recipes especially those from Gordon Ramsay's F Word. The F Word was his campaign to get women back into the kitchen. He thought that women were not learning or even trying to cook for reasons that were complete bollocks. The recipes are all very simple and yet look and seem like they would be extremely tasty. Granted I haven't actually tried any of the recipes but they all look good and I'm generally a good judge of that. I know he gets a bad wrap for having the mouth of a sailor. Dirty said that he thought I was watching something on MTV because he was in the kitchen and all he heard was mumble mumble beep beep beep mumble mumble mumble beep beep. I will admit that he does not have the most advanced vocabulary. I do enjoy his use of the word bollocks and until this posting I've never had the bollocks to use it. I mostly think he is inpiring as far as cooking and the world of restaurant ownership goes.

Now onto You Are What You Eat. This show takes extremely obese people (men, women, and children) put them on a detox diet of fruits, vegetables, legumes, lean protein (fish and chicken), and who grains. These people in six weeks generally lose a ton of weight and feel much better from the healthier diets and the addition of exercise to their lifestyles. I love this show because I liked learning the nutritional values of food. It also makes me feel better that I don't eat the tables full of carbs, fat, and fizzy drinks that these poor fat slobs eat. Now this isn't to say that I don't eat carbs, fat, or fizzy drinks. I love carbs, fat, and fizzy drinks. However this show did help me to really get motivated to eat more fruits and vegetables. I unfortunately cannot get motivated to do much else. So I will for now, until Monkey is no longer as physically demanding as he is now, look longingly at my size four and six jeans. Oh and this show also made me figure out how much a "stone" weighs. It's approximately 14 pounds. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I'm correct.

How Clean Is Your House? is a show dedicated to letting most of us know that we are not really as disgusting when it comes to housecleaning as we might think we are. Again this show helped me feel superior to these people who obviously had some sort of mental issue and subsequently felt helpless to the point that they just gave up cleaning their houses because it took up too much energy. Now sometimes I think our house is just gross but when I watch this show I realize that it's not really that bad. I used some of their "recipes" for cleaning and for the most part they didn't work as well, or maybe I didn't use enough "elbow grease", as they did on the show. So even though I sometimes think that our house is sometimes as bad as a barnyard we do not literally have a barnyard in our kitchen when there are people that actually do. Right now it's close though because I haven't swept since Tuesday.

I also enjoy BBC America News. It is the same news as NPR only I get pictures to go along. All of those names and places mean nothing to me but then I see BBC America News, and suddenly I understand. I am going to go ahead and say that the reason I need pictures is because of how I learn rather than I'm an idiot who needs pictures in order to understand things though.

No comments: